How to Use a Singing Bowl In Your Meditation Practice
" Do you know that our soul is composed of harmony?" - Leonardo daVinci
– Tiffany Shelton, M.A. is a psychotherapist and consciousness expert. Her passion to elevate consciousness goes beyond the message of self-care or wellness, but instead consciously adds to these movements by demanding awakening and insight. Learn more about Tiffany Shelton by clicking here.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter for a Dose of Consciousness Straight to Your Inbox!
Click Here to Sign Up
Sound healing is a powerful tool to add to your meditation practice. Sound Healing using a Tibetan singing bowl has many benefits:
- Aligns chakras as the body resonates with the sound
- Calming tone relaxes the mind and body
- Improves blood flow and circulation
- Healing sound brings you into the present moment
- Clears the mind and helps with focus during meditation
At Conscious Life Shop we offer an affordable hand-made Tibetan Singing Bowl Set that comes with a wooden striker and beautiful resting pad. Artisan made in Himalaya, these brass bowls have been used for centuries to aid in meditation and calm them mind. Click here to shop our Tibetan bowls.
If you are wondering how to use your singing bowl. This is the blog for you.
- Remove the bowl from the sitting pad and place the brass singing bowl on the fingertips of your open flat hand. (Be sure your fingers are flat, and not gripping the bowl, which would disrupt the sound).
- Grip the striker by the velvet handle firmly in the other hand. For the best sound, hold the striker straight up and down, with your fingertips pointing downward.
- Gently strike the bowl 3 times in different places on the exterior of the bowl.
- Immediately follow the three strikes with swirling the wooden striker around the bowl.
- Be sure to firmly hold the striker against the bowl or you will hear a streaking sound.
- If you hear a rattling sound, slow your swirling down a bit and sound will become more fluid.
- Continue to swirl the striker around the bowl as the healing sound builds.
- Swirl for at least 30 seconds for optimal sound.
- Enjoy the healing sound of the singing bowl.
Also check out this video below, to see Conscious Life Shop Tibetan Singing Bowl in Action:
Note: This video is just a quick demo, for optimal sound continue swirling for at least 30 seconds.